4.28.2008

"And ice cream?" "Yes, and ice cream."



Today, I had the Aarbei (lit. "Earth Berry").

Jason tried the Snikker, which looked like it was Vanilla that had caramel and peanuts in it. I think he confirmed my suspicions, but I can't remember. I didn't try it.

Monique didn't have ice cream, it being fairly early in the day, but she went along to give some soup to the woman who makes/sells the ice cream as a thank you. She had given Monique some Beef Bones ("from the best part of the cow") to make soup with. I think they made a difference. They talked for maybe a half an hour, which I suppose translated to something roughly like "Hey, Thanks for the bones - they were great" and "Cool".

I noticed one of the things that I particularly like about this ice cream. It is intensely cream, certainly, but there is a chewiness that I especially respond to. Alan said he thought that it meant that they use gelatin, or some sort of thickener/stabilizer. I have no idea. Today it was cold and drizzly, which may or may not have had anything to do with it but the scoops were themselves harder (more frozen) than they have been previously. Even Jenny (if that's her name) commented on it.

What I noticed was that I am an ice cream chomper. I tried to lick the ice cream, like when you wrap your lips around the scoop and draw up, which I admit makes for a creamier mouthfeel. I couldn't keep it up for long, however, because the minute I stopped deliberately licking the ice cream I would bite down on it, like the Owl in the old Tootsie Pop commercial. I dug the tart bite of the strawberry cutting through the buttery sweetness of the cream and I loved the, well, toothsomeness is the word that has stood the test of time for describing things of this nature so I will continue to rely heavily on its ability to deliver the meaning I intend.