4.26.2008

Naturally, after a full day of presenting, souping, drinking and visiting those of us left at the end went across to road for ice cream. Monique, Jason, Mary, Albert, Alan "Ginga Din" Purves and I had Ijs. Well, everybody except for Mary, who was "Full of Soup" which may or may not be a Dutch phrase translated. I too was full of soup, given that I had had, like, 15 bowlsfull, but it was very good.

Albert, Monique and Jason had the BoerJoungers.


Alan had the Walnut and, on my recommendation, Aardbei (in a cup).

I had a Chocolade/Walnut, because I thought everybody was getting doubles. That and I wanted to get this business over with and have something that wasn't Strawberry. It was ok. The Walnut is intense, with a bit of a licqueur cast to it. The Chocolade is fairly mellow and didn't stand up to the Walnut as well as I had hoped. Perhaps the Hazelnoot might have, but I think that would have been too intense. As it was I was worried I had gone over the top with the double to begin with, and Alan's story about drinking the three very strong Ekus in Belgium and (well the story has a long and visceral part in the middle, which was quite funny but a little gross and while it had a happy ending it was a bit much on a full stomach) perhaps I should have had the strawberry. Or a coffee, which I still want but she still doesn't have.


From now on I am just going to have the Strawberry and be done with it.