4.29.2008

Oh, right, TV Drenthe

Buy the time I got back I had completely forgotten about the fellow from TV Drenthe. It's good he was still here because otherwise I would have missed my chance to be famous on Dutch Television. He turned out to be really nice and sincere, and everybody had the same good feelings for him. He was here for 2-3 hours and talked to each of us. It was as if he actually was interested in what we were doing here, which given the previous intermittent attention we've gotten was sort of a surprise. He asked me to set up and shoot something, which I did. We tried to get him to stay and drink with us, but he had to get back to Assen, which is some number of kilometers away. The spot will run on Thursday, he said, and will be approximately 4 minutes long. It's very exciting.


After that we celebrated with a bottle of Prosecco that I got at Aldi for 3Eu: a dry white Italian wine that, having bubbles in it, is fizzy. It's perfect for an afternoon that is sunny, was sunny, or you wish had been sunny.