4.24.2008

Stilleven


The more active part of the day commences with the process of moving the table from the garage/studio I have been shooting in back to the cheese hall for a new round of photographs in a desperate attempt to capture whatever it is that I am here to capture. The truth is I notice the light all day long sidling through its various postures and positions, occasionally revealing itself in a moment or two of unadorned beauty - streaming through the kitchen window to luxuriate some vegetables, sloping lazily through the window over the dining table in the late afternoon - that the idea of trying to capture the image of "things" almost makes me faint. It is as if I know what I am trying to show and I know that I can't show it by any other way and I know that trying to show it that way is almost guaranteed to be off the mark. Almost.